Urgent Care Boot Camp for Finance Executives Coming This Summer
Based on numerous requests from clients, Merchant Medicine and RSM are introducing an Urgent Care Boot Camp for CFOs and their finance teams this summer. The Boot Camp will take place August 7-8 at The Westin Minneapolis and the goal of is to show attendees where their organizations can drive 5-20 percent financial performance improvement through targeting key opportunity areas. Attendees will be able to receive up to 12 CPE credits for the event. Click the button below to learn more and don't forget to save your spot for this exclusive event.
Study Looks at Impact of Opening Retail Clinics Near Emergency Rooms
Retail Clinics and Low-Acuity Emergency Department Visits"). The study shows that retail clinics opened near emergency departments had little effect on rates of low-acuity visits to them. The study involved the work of a team from Rand Corporation, Truven Health Analytics, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and Merchant Medicine. To read more, click below to access the full study.
How Digital Innovations Are Improving Consumer Care Access And Satisfaction
The average consumer is empowered through their mobile device in every other aspect of their life—from relationships, to banking, to routine purchases – except for both health plans and healthcare providers. Smartphones are ubiquitous and provide instant information, often just a question away for Siri or Alexa. In this article, Bernie Kuhn, Principal with Merchant Medicine LLC, and Valerie Monet, Director & Practice Lead for Health Insurance at J.D. Power, target how trends are making digital transformation critical to the future of healthcare.
Merchant Medicine in the recent news....
- Telemedicine Boosts Patient Satisfaction at Urgent Care...
- Traditional Providers Get Into the Urgent-Care Game - WSJ
- UnitedHealth's "Urgent" Strategy Is Paying Off - Motley Fool
- Investors Taking Note Of Urgent Care Center Boom - Forbes
- Target selling its pharmacies, clinics to CVS for $1.9 billion
- Why We're Picking Walmart and CVS Over Doctors' Offices - Huffington Post
- Creating a successful marriage between health care providers & insurers - LifeHealthPro.com
- Insurers' New Multi-Billion Dollar Play: Population Health
- Retail Clinics Hit 10 Million Annual Visits But Just 2% Of Primary Care Market - Forbes
- Wal-Mart's New Everyday Low Price: A $40 Doctor Visit
- Ebola Preparedness Needed At Urgent Care Clinics
- Walmart Wants To Be Your Doctor - Washington Post
- In Ambitious Bid, Walmart Seeks Foothold in Primary Care Services - New York Times
- Race Is On to Profit From Rise of Urgent Care - NYT
- CVS Drives Retail Clinic Growth As Obamacare Launches
- 10 Things Drug Stores Won't Tell You - Wall Street Journal
- Retail Clinics as Competitors or Partners?
- How digital innovations are improving consumer care access and satisfaction - Becker's Hospital Review
- Living Near Retail Clinics Linked to Fewer Avoidable ED Visits - AJMC
- Patients are flocking to urgent-care clinics. Now hospitals are, too - Modern Healthcare
- How Health plan and provider interactions affect customer satisfaction for plans - Becker's Hospital Review
- Data exchange rises in importance for urgent care providers
- The Fast Pace deal and the rise of urgent care: 7 things to...
- Urgent care centers increasingly popular with traditional providers
- Value-based care driving demand for medical offices, ambulatory care space
- Merchant Medicine Director Laurel Stoimenoff named UCAOA CEO
- Data Exchange Rises In Importance For Urgent Care Providers
- Optum-owned MedExpress Opens First Minnesota Locations
- The Ads Say ‘Get Your Flu Shot Today,’ But It May Be Wiser...
- UnitedHealth's Optum unit makes big push into urgent care...
- Retail Clinics Add Convenience But Also Hike Costs, Study...