Urgent Care Boot Camp for Finance Executives Coming This Summer
Based on numerous requests from clients, this summer Merchant Medicine and RSM are introducing an Urgent Care Boot Camp for CFOs and their finance teams. The Boot Camp will take place August 7-8 at the Westin Minneapolis hotel. Look for more information on our web site in the coming days.
Study Looks at Impact of Opening Retail Clinics Near Emergency Rooms
Retail Clinics and Low-Acuity Emergency Department Visits"). The study shows that retail clinics opened near emergency departments had little effect on rates of low-acuity visits to them. The study involved the work of a team from Rand Corporation, Truven Health Analytics, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and Merchant Medicine. The study can be accessed below.
How health plan and provider interaction affect customer satisfaction for plans
Bernie Kuhn, Principal with Merchant Medicine LLC, and Valerie Monet, Director & Practice Lead for Health Insurance at J.D. Power, recently worked together to understand the data behind customer satisfaction in regards to the effects caused by health plan and provider interactions. Inside, you will find how plans must get back to the basics and put patients first in order to improve overall satisfaction.
Merchant Medicine in the recent news....
- Target selling its pharmacies, clinics to CVS for $1.9 billion
- Why We're Picking Walmart and CVS Over Doctors' Offices - Huffington Post
- Creating a successful marriage between health care providers & insurers - LifeHealthPro.com
- Insurers' New Multi-Billion Dollar Play: Population Health
- Retail Clinics Hit 10 Million Annual Visits But Just 2% Of Primary Care Market - Forbes
- Wal-Mart's New Everyday Low Price: A $40 Doctor Visit
- Ebola Preparedness Needed At Urgent Care Clinics
- Walmart Wants To Be Your Doctor - Washington Post
- In Ambitious Bid, Walmart Seeks Foothold in Primary Care Services - New York Times
- Race Is On to Profit From Rise of Urgent Care - NYT
- CVS Drives Retail Clinic Growth As Obamacare Launches
- 10 Things Drug Stores Won't Tell You - Wall Street Journal
- Retail Clinics as Competitors or Partners?
- Data exchange rises in importance for urgent care providers
- The Fast Pace deal and the rise of urgent care: 7 things to...
- Urgent care centers increasingly popular with traditional providers
- Value-based care driving demand for medical offices, ambulatory care space
- Merchant Medicine Director Laurel Stoimenoff named UCAOA CEO
- Data Exchange Rises In Importance For Urgent Care Providers
- Optum-owned MedExpress Opens First Minnesota Locations
- The Ads Say ‘Get Your Flu Shot Today,’ But It May Be Wiser...
- UnitedHealth's Optum unit makes big push into urgent care...
- Retail Clinics Add Convenience But Also Hike Costs, Study...
- Telemedicine Boosts Patient Satisfaction at Urgent Care...
- Traditional Providers Get Into the Urgent-Care Game - WSJ
- UnitedHealth's "Urgent" Strategy Is Paying Off - Motley Fool
- Investors Taking Note Of Urgent Care Center Boom - Forbes