Over the past decade, we have seen the management of low-acuity care become a growing priority for both health systems and large medical groups. It is a large market that, if managed with a retail and hospitality mindset, can serve as a gateway to bring new patients into your system, increase or protect market share, boost overall patient satisfaction, and serve as a change agent for your entire organization.
Primary care as we know it has never seen more competitive pressure, with numerous disruptors challenging the traditional model: retail clinics are beginning to practice chronic disease management, urgent care clinics are starting to act as medical homes, employers are opening worksite clinics with full primary care and specialty care services, telemedicine is on the verge of unprecedented expansion, and network development partnerships abound. At the same time, consumerism in healthcare is on the rise, with patients demanding convenience, transparency and customer service. We call the convergence of all these factors ConvUrgentCare.
ConvUrgentCare represents a holistic strategic approach to addressing the converging platforms of on-demand care—primary care, urgent care, retail clinics, employer worksites, near-site and occupational health clinics, and telehealth—to deliver improved access, customer service, convenience and transparence. We help our clients think about these spaces holistically rather than as individual service lines, working synergistically to expand your customer base, meet the evolving needs of your community, and solidify your competitive advantage.
- Breadth and Depth of knowledge – from strategy development to the launch of new sites, we’ve provided consulting services (hyperlink to Services page) to hospital systems of all sizes and from all regions develop and execute their on-demand healthcare strategies
- Industry-leading expertise – no other on-demand healthcare company has more expertise than Merchant Medicine. Our team (hyperlink to the team) includes some of the industry’s leading experts in the field.
- Information and data – we collect more data (hyperlink to the reports page) on this industry than any other organization. Armed with solid data, decision making is strengthened.
- Thought Leadership – Access to this data allows us to identify trends ahead of anyone else, and we share that knowledge with the industry via our published Monthly Market Report (hyperlink to the Blog page) and through numerous industry interviews and presentations
- Education and Community - By combining our consulting experience, data collection and speaking engagements, we create a community that culminates each year at our annual ConvUrgentCare Strategy Symposium. (hyperlink to the Symposium page). It is a community of the best and most progressive thinkers in the on-demand medicine market.
- Value – We offer Strategy Firm/Big-four methodology and techniques at a much lower price, delivering quality consulting services with demonstrable results on brief, phased projects.
The Merchant Medicine team has a depth of experience in the field of on-demand medicine unrivaled by other consulting firms. All of our consultants have experience both in the private operator world and the hospital world.
The success of Merchant Medicine is rooted in its creative, innovative, and experienced team. We look for a combination of operator instinct, leadership talent, and consulting acumen. Please get in touch – firstname.lastname@example.org
Through our annual symposium, our market report and our consulting services, we have the privilege of serving both the biggest and smallest names in healthcare. From hospital systems to urgent care chains, our clients all have one thing in common—the desire to optimize their on-demand strategy.